9 Mar 2011

the stark and the mingling

when alex and I were wooing each other,
we talked of one day having a joint exhibition,
I remember the exact place -
in Alex's old studio at art school,
he would paint while I doodled
in blue on a used drop sheet,
and somehow it worked
my stark contrasts
against his gentle mingling of earth and bone.

so finally we were blessed
with a time
and place to have it -
to marry our art under the same ceiling
where we once married our hearts

It gave me a feeling of such joy,
that the blisters on our fingers from wires and hooks
and the dark circles and the funny mishaps flew away.

Pride in knowing the hands that paint those scapes,
gratitude in seeing my own work celebrated,
thanksgiving for the support of our friends and kin,
joy for the privilege of story telling,
and a hope that this will be one
of many more
of ours.

find all the details here.

12 comments:

  1. I see lovely couple and happily life from your story which all dreamed if you are an artist. Thanks for making Beautiful morning today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just beautiful :)
    Congratulations!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh. ooh. ooh.
    you guys look GOOD together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. must be a fantastic feeling seeing your art side by side like that! Looks great, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see close ups of these pieces. In particular the one with the horse...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I expect blue and white eiffel towers, croisants and beret-clad ladies in the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes Alice! I've already been thinking on those lines :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Windy Windy! The show looks magical, positively passionate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. How wonderful that you could now marry your artistic works and show them to the world. All the best as you continue your joint artistic endeavours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic! How amazing to exhibit together! It looks wonderful and made me gasp when I first saw it all together x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been away for the weekend to the Castlemaine Arts Festival. Its on every 2 years and this year it had a focus on printmaking which I really love. Lots of venues, shop fronts, open studios etc It was really good! And the weather was sunny too. Just lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.