19 Feb 2011

happy happy day

This morning we had the great pleasure of witnessing my brother Sam marry his beautiful bride, now my sister, Eldora.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love that boy, how honoured I am to be his little sister, now proud I am of who he has become in mind and body and spirit. It still surprises people when I tell them that I have a brother who is gentle and kind and always gave us big hugs when we were growing up (and still does now). I have no doubt that he will be a wonderful husband and father. I am so glad he found companion and friend and lover who is so generous and humble and faithful and beautiful.

They got married in a little secluded garden overlooking the sea, surrounded by historic sandstone and bush and forest. They had they friends and family close around them loving and praying and wishing them all life's blessings and happiness.

Marriage is a gift, the greatest adventure, a risk too,
but one well worth taking - and continuing,
with a full heart,
lifelong.

6 comments:

  1. They all look so beautiful! Your Mum in green, Eldora in white, the bridesmaids and you!

    Love and best wishes to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty wedding, beautiful people and the most of all, wonderful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mum (and the bride) are stunners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this day looks so wonderful! Goodness, I would know that beautiful lady was your mother even if she turned up on my own doorstep! Such a gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.