3 Mar 2011

chippy

Lately I've really taken to baking chips,
simple and healthy and delicious.

So far I've used sweet potato, beet and turnip -
swede, radish, celeriac, parsnip still to try...

All you do is give the skin a good scrub and clean,
slice them real thin, as thin as you possibly can,
lay out on baking paper,
season with a little celtic sea salt, fresh chopped rosemary,
cracked pepper and a pinch of paprika,
bake in hot oven (200'c or 400f)
for 15-20 minutes thereabouts
on each side,
You'll know they're done when the surface starts to crackle
and they start looking golden and crispy.
Eat cool or warm, plain,
or with hummus or some other delicious dip.

4 comments:

  1. They look simple and delicious, especially using other veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember it was you who first introduced me to sweet potato chips here in Mudgee - ages and ages ago - and I love them!

    Which is pretty good coming from a pumpkin lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful! I am going to pop into the supermarket on the way home, buy the ingredients and make them tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.