12 Oct 2010

markety goodness

I love sundays
especially for the organic food market held on
addison road, marickville
every week

we buy all our fresh fruit and vegetables, pasta and sometimes cheese and meat for the week here - not only is it cheaper than going to a supermarket but tastes so fresh and delicious.

the fruit and vegetables are all hand-grown in a town out west - they grow heirloom tomatoes, silver beet, apples, potatoes, baby carrots, artichokes, chard, potatoes, sweet corn -

there is also a store that deserves mention all on its own - raggamuffin - where a beautiful brown-eyed lady sells fresh steamed muffins and they truly are the greatest muffins I have ever eaten.

I feel blessed every time I get to eat a steamed muffin,

or rainbow chard, or baby carrots,
or raw corn off the cob -
because its always so delicious, so sweet
and I think of the good earth,
the hands that pulled it up
and brought it in

10 comments:

  1. The harvest looks wonderful. I love the markets like this. Unfortunately here they are rather more expensive than a supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the prettiest carrots in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just tried to eat my computer screen

    YuMmiNess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for farmers markets, i love them too, and now you've recommended a new one that we should try! me and my parents have gone to the one in Frenchs Forest a few times, and that one is pretty good too but i was looking for a new one thats on Sundays.
    Might try this one soon.

    Yea when you think about it, its pretty amazing how all these beautiful, yummy things just miraculously grow out of the earth. So much colour and variety! Its one of those things that makes you gratefull for life hey?

    Thanks for a great post on one of my favourite things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hurrah for farmers markets! I love weekends that involves visits to our local one. Looks like you had a brilliant time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes yes, I know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful photography and write up about our Marrickville Market!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.