27 Aug 2010

Oh the places you'll go

A few months ago for our dear housemate's hen's party we went to a local ceramic workshop to decorate dinner plates for her. I think that is such a brilliant and novel idea - I love the way that each person's plate was unique and said something of their personality. (I also love that I live with Felicity and so the plates get to live in our kitchen). Ceramics is such a wonderful medium - working on my plate reminded how much I enjoyed dabbling in it last year... I hope I can dabble some more soon.

before firing
after
two of the houses are numbered "29" and "301" for the two houses I have lived in with Flea and the little flag says "Oh the places you'll go"

9 comments:

  1. That is my favorite Seuss book. Felicity is lucky indeed, to be able to eat off that plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this plate. So so very much. And if it wasn't meant to live there with you, I might just beg it to come and live with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Emily! So gorgeous and of course the words 'oh the places you'll go' reminds me of my favourite Dr Seuss book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful plate. Just beautiful. I'm sure the recipient will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's gorgeous. i think i like it before firing even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies, I love eating off plates that tell a story...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.