3 Aug 2010

mine and his

mine
his
two walls
and not very much space between
a world of ideas though
and an ocean of paint and blue pens

it has always been a dream of mine before I met Alex
and he before he met me

to share a creating space with a lover

ours is still a work in progress -

but after long days at work
when our shoulders are weary
and the air is cold

there is something so sweet
about retreating to a room
without the buzz of telephones or computer screens

and with twinned hearts

hands that find expression
for mouths that cannot

on canvas
on cotton
and paper

12 comments:

  1. This is sweet Emmy - twinned hearts indeed you do have. I will bring you both cups of tea and pear cake to your arty lair whenever you desire.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How completely perfect!

    Bless bless bless you both!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful. I adore your space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something so wholesome about being understood in this way, about retreating to creativity together.

    Paint on Brother. Stitch on Sister. Draw on you beautiful two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspiring place to work, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just feel how peaceful, yet energetic, this place must feel. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect place to create!

    Simply Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, lovely work spaces and the love and joy between you is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is perfect in every way, I hope that i get to have this same sweetness in the future...Oh i wish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fantastic -- thank you for this little peek into your lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.