10 Aug 2010

comforts

I am stuck up with a cold at the moment which has seen me coughing and spluttering my way through the last four days or so - and while I rest in bed clutching damp handkerchiefs and lemon and honey drinks I contemplate the simple wonderful things in my life at the moment -
like a warm place to sleep
the big wide blue outside
flowers at our window
the view coming through the doorway of the brick and the old bell
a fixed washing machine
rhubarb
Japanese cotton
and a husband who is patient and kind
and suggests things like
cuddles even though I will sneeze all over him,
and taking our soup to the park across the road
so we can eat it the sunshine
(Oh how I love this man)

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I enjoy reading about how much you love that man. I hope you feel better soon!

    What on earth will that gorgeous pink cotton turn into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I adore that Japanese crochet (or was is knitting?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.