10 Jul 2010

Cobalt Blue

to-day is full of promise
like sloshes of ink on cotton paper
and the rush of warmth down my throat
with a fresh cup of tea -

(and the poetry of ink down my throat
and tea on my paper)

to-day is full of brightness,
though the sun is playing hide-and-seek
the trees are strong and stoic -
and violets bloom in the wheelbarrow

to-day is full of heart-song
as two friends we love share nuptials
and I pick up the Portuguese tarts
and sticky baklava for the festivities
(where there will be a bonfire too)

to-day is full of colour
stewed rhubarb spoon-swirled into my breakfast,
flushed cheeks as I skid around the house
mopping the floor and listening to cello,
and later -

I will put on a special wool dress
which is cobalt blue
but I like that today
I like that a lot.

5 comments:

  1. Oh. I looked at that beautiful artwork - I love yours best when it is biro and ink - and sighed.

    So beautiful. Have a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poetry sounds like color, and this day song sounds like joy.

    I always love hearing your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this. You do paint the picture as well with your words as with your brush...

    ReplyDelete
  4. how is miss mavis? i hope she's not too cold in Antarctica, given the recent freeze. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.