5 Jun 2010

Yarn exploits and life in general

hello sweet friends,
how nice it is to see the sun shining after a week of rain and gloom, how nice it is to be sitting here at my mam's with internet access (my sporadic posting and reading and commenting is because we have no phone-line connected at our home yet).

I have survived my second week of full-time office work and through it is a strange feeling to be inside a tall building building and at a desk I am thoroughly enjoying the people I work with, learning about what I will be doing on a day-to-day basis and how much effort goes into moving and settling people from one country to the next. I also have one remaining essay and an exam to do in the coming weeks before I finish my degree and motivating myself to see them through is becoming a real test. Its hard not to feel a bit down about it.

But little things like laughing with my husband, feeling yarn in my fingers, eating stew, and reading favourite childhood books are endless wells of comfort.
Not too long ago I finally finished my crocheted motif tunic. It was totally worth the 135 or so squares I had to make for it - and has turned out much more delicate and lovely than I anticipated.
And a pure cotton zigzag scarf, which I have named Esmé Boudot. It only took a couple of days of train and car trips to complete - I highly recommend this site for free crochet patterns.

I have a few more projects on the hook so to speak, and will share them with you throughout the winter. All I can say is that I am so happy so many of my friends have babies growing in their bellies!

Oh and many thanks to my photographer,
this is his Saturday morning attire,
pretty darn handsome if you ask me.


And in case you were wondering I am trying very hard to get the next installment of Miss Mavis up asap!

14 comments:

  1. Esme Boudot? Interesting. But I love both the ziggy-zag scarf and especially the tunic! Such a lovely, soft, looking colour too.

    Speaking of babies in bellies - I'm gonna be an aunty again.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alice - not really sure about the Esme Boudot, just came to mind... maybe she's a future heroine of a the next novella about a young woman who runs a bicycle bakery service in paris?

    And how exciting!! Babies are beautiful... (Quiet down womb)

    Have a joyful weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oh my! Your grey tunic looks so good! Also Alex's new haircut! You two are a very cool pair. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tunic and the scarf. You are such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dress! You are far too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad work is going well, I am so proud of you for (nearly) having uni finished! I can't believe how beautiful that little tunic looks! And the scarf is also divine!

    You and your husband look beautiful!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the colors in your scarf. They look so pretty together. You've inspired me to pick up my hook again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Maggie Beer's signature!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was the same way in my last semester, there was a serious lack of motivation. But once you're done, you're done, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can do it, honey. You're almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily the tunic is amazing! I am insanely jealous! I don't know when I last coveted an article of clothing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your crochet dress is amazing - can I have one in black :D

    Seriously, you have to teach me how to crochet! Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.