6 Apr 2010

Birthday Brunch

On Saturday I had a birthday brunch in lieu of my 21st birthday and my love of breakfast. It was so much fun - as all good birthdays are with delicious food and company and a few explosions!
And boy did we have breakfast; breads and jams, muesli, nuts and yogurt, fresh fruit, Jess's Persian eggs with sides of tomato, harsh browns, mushrooms and spinach, Mad's chocolate and banana bread, many pots of tea and juice, and instead of a birthday cake I made blueberry bagels and homemade ricotta.



And for a treat my dad put on one of his infamous science shows, this one he called "Emily's Energy Show" which included making rainbows in cylinders (my favourite) and causing various loud noises and explosions. There were ooohs and ahhhhs and we all kept a safe distance!

I know you can't really get away with making loud banging noises these days (and fair enough too) but dad's science experiments have added some particularly spectacular moments in my twenty-one years alive!

11 comments:

  1. :D Happy 21st birthday! I just turned 20 on Saturday! Yay! That's super cool that your dad does science experiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you turn twenty-one again next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing! The food, the explosions, the rainbows! A birthday to be remembered. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday ! Seems you had a wonderful day ... I share your love for a good breakfast too. Since I have my own little shop, I take time before I open to have a good breakfast. I try to take it at home or go to a nice place in town. That makes me very happy and my day starts with good vibes and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just, have an immense love, of you, brunch and now your Dad! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously cant think of a more perfect way to spend a Birthday! the food looks soooooooooo good!
    You really do throw the best parties! ever thought of becoming a party planner ? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brunch is my addiction.
    I think it's because of the mimosas.


    But a brunch with FIRE? DEELIGHTFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Looks like you had a blast! :D Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I had no idea you were 21 :) or well, 20 at the time :)

    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ein wundervolles Kleid!!
    just want to say..
    This is a wunderful dress!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.