24 Mar 2010

Just Quietly


the day Alex and I got back from our honeymoon we found out the owners of our rental house intended to sell it instead of renew our lease in May. It didn't come as a total shock but it still felt like it couldn't come at a worse time; what with settling into married life, Alex busy finishing off his masters and preparing for an exhibition and me with my last semester of university! It was worse still for our wonderful housemate who had been such a good tenant in the house for so long. Still, we were determined to find something close by. And we did; the first house we applied for we got, and I think its going to be even better (and certainly roomier) that our place now. We'll be moving in early May, till then I am just quietly enjoying aspects of our current abode.

Its usually mid-morning when Alex and Flea are at work,
and I find myself sitting on the back step soaking up sunshine,
studying at the kitchen table,
pottering around in our room -

that I think about all the memories of this house;
all the people who have lived in it,
built it,
renovated it,
loved it.

5 comments:

  1. Awe, that is a bit of a shame -- but also nice to start fresh! New husband! New home! A place to fill with love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, beautiful sentiments about the house, sorry to hear you've been shuffled about house wise though... I pray that someday soon you can both own a home, that way no-one can make you give up your veggie garden!

    Sending you 'all my lovin' from Hillview (Paul MaCartney style!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so strange to see photos of a different house on here; not your parents' one. Nice, but different...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about your house, but remember that a home are not four walls, but those who inhabit it. congratulations on your honeymoon. I hope god bless you alex and you. we say "when one door closes, it will be many more" greetings from El Salvador. if you want to visit my blog www.ma-78.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is hard to give up a house well loved but I think when one door closes another one opens...sometimes slowly. But in your case you've found another lovely and so quickly. That is very blessed indeed. Here's to more lovely memories to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.