8 Feb 2010

Southern Love

On the weekend we headed to the southern highlands for the wedding of some dear friends. Everything on the property was so lush and green and covered by a thin mist of rain the whole afternoon and evening. There is something so romantic about misty rain. I loved all the little details; games of chess and crib for guests to play on tables as they waited for the ceremony, a buffet of old-fashioned sweets, a cake filled with chocolate hearts, hilarious speeches, the live band... mostly though, it was just watching how much this couple loved and honoured each other.

7 comments:

  1. Aren't you quite the early morning blog poster!

    I love the sights and your description of such a wedding as this. These are the sort of weddings I like to be the singer at most. Funny to hear you mention 'the live band' I'm glad they were great (while wishing it was me of course!!) And so glad you've had a lovely time and witnessed more true, wonderful love.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend, you're up early too! I hope you are well this Monday morn. And while the band was fun, I wish it had been yours! Ah one day (soon I hope) I will come and hear you live. I look forward to that very much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily,this is so gorgeous and delightful - the bride looks so lovely! There are some weddings I can totally identify with - and this is one of them - and yours is next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll have to do a spell of gigs in Sydney then! And thank you for the kind words! I had just come in from my morning walk to find your lovely post!

    I hope you know I am coming to your wedding, and I cannot believe how soon it is. I am here if you want a chat anytime.

    Love Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so love misty rain too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a gift for composing frames. I love how you capture moments and images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This wedding sounds very beautiful. Misty rain is just the best! It makes you feel somewhat alive and refreshed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.