14 Feb 2010

Simply



I bah humbug St. Valentines day most years, not because I have a problem with the saint himself, or that I don't have a lot of love in my heart, I just find its becoming more about buying and selling and giving than simple gestures (ones that have little or no price attached) to tell those you love (and those you don't) that you do.

I made these ginger kisses for Alex and my family. Ginger is so good. As are my kin

Ginger Kisses

For cookies:
2 tbs unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
1 tbs golden syrup
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 eggs, beaten until thick

For the filling:
1/2 cup full cream
2 tablespoon honey
1/2 tsp ginger
t/2 tsp mixed spice

Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease and line baking trays with baking paper. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup together until light and pale. In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Gradually add the beaten eggs to the creamed butter mixture, alternating with the dry ingredients, mixing well to combine. Roll teaspoons of the cookie mixture into balls and press down gently on the prepared baking trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool completely on the trays.

Meanwhile, prepare the filling: whip cream until firm (but not too stiff), beat in honey and spices. Spread a small amount of the cream on the base of a ginger cookie and sandwich together with another cookie. Repeat with the remaining cookies!

Enjoy with a strong brewed tea...

Happy love friends!

4 comments:

  1. I love that cupcake - so simple and beautiful. You are so right. Simple is love.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. Those biscuits are just beautiful. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page! I think my eyes eat all the cake of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.