29 Dec 2009

A swish and twirl





This week mum and I have begun making a very special dress;
"the dress" for "the day"
(if you know what I mean)
We have covered every inch of the big dining table
with cutting board, butchers paper, pins and pencils,
I can feel the light falling from the window;
glass and pane that looks on a pathway
(overgrown and moss-laden)
by the side of the house.
I can smell the drifting scent of lemony roses
from my garden to be,
I can feel the softness of fibres on my fingertips,
I can imagine what I will do when seams are sewn,
the day has come;
and I will wear this gown against my skin.
I can dream
what dreams it will see unfold,
gentle as the breeze,
a swish and twirl -
of tapping toes
souls tied,
and a kiss.

4 comments:

  1. How fabulous that you and your mum are making your dress together. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh......you are even making your own wedding dress, with your mum!

    It just gets better and better and even more inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'll ever be this excited about girl's clothes ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Wish I was so talented as you and your momma obviously are. Your gown will mean so much more to you than storebought. God bless your hands as you sew :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.