31 Dec 2009

Reflections on the year pased

2 0 0 9
Reflections on the year that passed
(under my feet)
Was it really a year ago that
I first stepped
gently on your new, and unknown days?

J A N U R A R Y

Where I watched the year turn in country air;
rose bush at my heels;

I wandered under seashore pines;
and walked the home soil of my dear kindred's farm

F E B U R A R Y

Where I felt flight at my toes,
and a creative surge in my bones

M A R C H

When I stopped to welcome my favourite season;
savour its golden unleaving,
afternoon sunshine; riding rusty bicycles with my dad,
Yet feeling shadows thick and fast,

A P R I L



The day I was alive for two decades in this world; and it rained so perfectly;
The dawning, and reawakening of my stifled spirit; a solitary proclamation of my faith
And almost immediately after
the hardest days of my life;
letting go of past hurts, cares, cries in the night;

And clothing the sorry shadow of myself in comfort;
crocheted wool and woven cotton


M A Y

When I went to a pumpkin festival
and danced in the early hours of the morning

and where I slowly began to find myself again;
to sit quietly, to meditate on morning, studying, art, red,
Feeling: it is so good to be alive

J U N E

When in the early weeks of winter,
a sudden and unexpected warmth filled my heart
and it was reciprocated;

J U L Y

Those camellia petals fell at my feet;
as bliss fell freely when I slept and woke -
With total, unfettered abandon I dreamed;
I told a dear friend that those dreams
that I had always held close and fast to my heart
where finally being realised,


A U G U S T

And the trees climbed, and sunsets watched

S E P T E M B E R

And then
as uncomplicated and freely
that we fell in love,
Alex and I decided to marry;
that our four feet
belonged together


O C T O B E R

And in the seasons' joy,
still my feet did not leave the ground -
they ran with children among daisies,
and grew strong.

N O V E M B E R

Days when I studied hard;
and found myself around blue,
and water and whimsy,
And the art we created,

D E C E M B E R

Watching and waiting and tending and harvesting
living things from our future garden,

And realising the need to tend to all things -

Ah year passed,
those 365 I tread with you;
has been an incredible journey -
that I am still standing,
that I am where I am now -

and my toes are singing;
bring on the next day,
and the next,
and the next, and the next and the next

7 comments:

  1. Oh my word. This post has left me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have walked some of this ground with you.

    Pleased to see you find the narrow path (which few find) and tread it's winding curves, it's rises and falls... I am moved to tears by your year, passed under foot. A special, awakening time.

    I love you feet! And your heart so very much! And I look forward to the next special, spiritual, meaning filled time, that our narrow paths meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you said about your four feet belonging together, and what a wonderful look back on the year that has passed. I hope this year makes all your dreams come true x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is my favorite post of yours ever...knowing those pictures from the previous year has made it even more special.


    Your soul, as your feet, are so endearingly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) See that? Thats a real smile that is coming from deep inside.

    I love how simply and as you said, freely, you two fell in love...its truly so beautiful.

    My smile is also there because words just cant describe how happy i am that i got to know you in the past year and how im (sort of) patiently waiting to meet you. But i'll wait as long as it takes!

    I will be here again and again this year and i know i will leave happy and TOTALLY inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly lovely reverie of the year-past... Thanks EB. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.