22 Dec 2009

A recipe and how I got the name Brownie Head


This is what I call "a nice brownie to accompany the recipe shot"

This is what Alex would call it.
With said brownie
on my head.

Nevertheless here's the recipe for Chocolate and Orange (aka Jaffa) brownies. And they are good.

150g dark chocolate (I used 70%)
125 g unsalted butter, cubed
4 eggs at room temp
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup plain flour
100 g walnuts, roughly chopped
zest of one orange

Preheat oven to 160'c (315'F). Grease and tin with baking paper a 20 x 30 cm tin.

Melt the chocolate and butter in a head proof bowl set over a saucepan of hot water, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Allow to cool. Stir in orange zest.

With an electric mixer beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the flour and beat until smooth. Stir in the nuts.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 30 minutes, or until dark brown and the top has formed a crust. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove and cut into squares - and enjoy them in your mouth...

or on your head.

3 comments:

  1. I can just imagine what those brownies would taste like. I recently had brownies (cooked at school, which is always a perilous adventure) but I have to say I was surprised at how delicious they were. I am trying to get the recipe, but we should make some of yours when you come up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooh yummy!
    I think i would prefer the brownie in my mouth though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Chocolate and orange brownies.

    I HAVE to try these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.