26 Nov 2009

Thankfulness

Today I am full of thanks,
for the beautiful things I can consume;
writing that makes me laugh
writing that makes me cry -
music that makes me sing aloud and dance,
and for food that soothes
(beyond and above)
my hunger.
I am thankful that I have time and space
to make things with my hands.
That I can share those things with others.
That we have minds that can imagine,
and dream and wonder - I am forever thankful...
For the colour under my feet,
for the every changing sky above,
for arching branches -
and watching the man I will marry climb amongst them;
who can sing down to me in joy
for seeing me while swaying so high.
I am thankful for being followed by sun shadows
and moon shadows.
I am thankful for knowing love,
overflowing -
from my friends here and far,
from my family,
from my tree-bound love,

from my creator,
from my saviour.


And for gentle reminders to be...

4 comments:

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.