16 Sep 2009

Wisteria Love



A story
(short but sweet)
I was on my rusty bicycle
called the "Ladybird 3"
it was a Saturday afternoon,
around 4 o'clock
and something faint
something sweet
whistled in the breeze.

Looking round
I saw you,
trying your best to engulf
a rickety fence.
You were beautiful,
purple and viney -
I wanted to set up a little studio
under your blossoming arms.

However,
time didn't permit it -
so I did my best
to breathe you in,
feel your petals on my fingertips.

Closed my eyes
and imagined the fence I'll have one day -
that you might come to visit every Spring
in showers of yellow-centred lilac,
that my babes and I will
construct a "studio" under
and sing and sing and sing

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lilac colored dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wisteria too! We have a vine too - it's growing all the way up one of our Clarid Ash trees and along the fence and is just beginning to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Happy days! I love those flowers and i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreams of purply hues!

    What a delightful place to pass, and a studio underneath would make it perfect!

    We should arrange this somehow, even if it is only a studio for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh *gushes* I feel a little tearful, at the very thought of you with babes, and a studio under such a floral fence... mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love wisteria too! Even it's name is fantastic. But I especially love the name of your rusty bike :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.