30 Sep 2009

An Ode to my friend from Hillview

Where do I begin to tell you about my beautiful friend? Though her physical beauty is obvious to all who see her - its her gentle and loving spirit, her thoughtful generosity, her enthusiasm and passion for life that radiates deep beneath her skin. From the first time we met randomly in a little paper shop I knew almost instantly that she was a kindred. Since then I have come to know her as a dear friend both in and out of the blogging world. She was one of first people to support my artistic pursuits, and it is with pride and admiration that I support hers.
Since my visit to Canberra in January I have been wanting to go back to her fine company and beautiful part of Australia... I managed to get a couple of days free this week. And though we were pressed for time we managed to pack a great deal in! Many many cups of jasmine, black and earl grey tea, sandwiches, homemade cookies, roasts, hot chocolate (that knocked us out for a good 5 hours), conversations about love and faith and life late into the night; we laughed and cried and reminisced...
We rifled through 50 year-old women's magazines and laughed hysterically at the way things were...
I spent time with her precious children; talking, drawing, laughing, rolling in daisies, finding animals,
Not to mention all the chickens... and certain chicken monkeys (you may see above)
And on the long train trip home as the night closed in
I remembered how blessed we are -
I cried for my rugged country,
in knowing places like Hillview -
I cried in joy
for the future,
in finding kindred spirits,
in meeting the love of my life -
and in knowing
and loving Him,
more and more each day.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, beautiful thoughts...beautiful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way you have with capturing the movement and depth of a fun filled two day visit, not to mention the journey there and back again...

    I am honoured by such an ode. And so is Hillview, and Rosebud. And the chicken-monkeys!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, life really is good :)

    So much happiness, i was smiling as i read this.........Its good to know people like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are both kindred spirits and I am so glad to have met you both online :).

    Sorry I haven't been around much lately, things have been so very crazy around here lately!

    Looks like you both had a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great visit, would love to have been a fly on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.