15 Sep 2009

A Childhood Icon

Oh boy oh boy oh boy,
(I don't usually get so excited about meeting people dressed up as fictional characters) But guess who we bumped into on the weekend? None other than GRUG himself! Yes, that lovable Burrawang shrub... For those of you who don't know Grug he's an icon of Australian children's literature - written and illustrated by Ted Prior 1979 - 1992. And appears in such classics as "Grug and the big red apple", "Grug and the rainbow", "Grug learns to swim", and my favourite "Grug and his garden".

They are very little easy to read books and I remember distinctly borrowing them from the school library when I was in Kindergarten - so how fantastic to find him on the street! Woo!

3 comments:

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.