26 Sep 2009

Swapping Alphabet Style


Tis that time again!

What is an alphabet swap you ask? Well it is quite literally a "swap" centred on letters of the alphabet. Partners are randomly selected and are given the same letter of the alphabet; they get one month to put together a box of little things related to that letter before posting them off to each other. If last years swap is anything to go off then this one will be just as fun!

There is no need to get too extravagant or spend more than $20 - but be as creative and inventive as you like; you could include craft supplies and notions, fabric, little treasures, foodstuff, patterns, recipes, postcards, photographs, poetry etc... I believe one person received a library book in his swap package that had to be read and sent back (overseas) before its due date! Fabulous.

An example for the letter B:
(from last year's swap)

From me:

And lovely Umber:


If you would like to take part in this year's swap email me at: eburtt@gmail.com with your name, address, blog/website if you have one, and if you'd be happy to swap internationally.

I will announce the alphabet swappers on Saturday October 3rd ~ So you have exactly ONE week to sign up! Tell your friends too.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Yay!! The alphabet swap sounds like heaps of fun! You can count me in :)Martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi from Canada! I'd like to join in the swap. I agree with Martine, it sounds like fun. Joyful (Penny)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Raises hand*

    Me too, me too!!!

    This looks too exciting to miss again! Let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALPHABET SWAPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! But I confess. I have cold feet. Last year I shipped but did not receive.








    Humbug.




    Do I dare risk the disappointment this year? I think YES!!!

    Thanks for organizing again you precious peach.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I was so sad that I missed this swap last year! Yay count me in!

    Is there an angel list for people that get flaked on? (Just noticing the lady above me got flaked on)If so I would sign up for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo! Martine, Joyful, Sarah - Lots of lovely swapping ladies!

    And Missus Plume I am so sorry about last year! I didn't know you didn't receive your package! I promise that won't happen this time round *warms her feet up* And it would such a joy to have you involved...

    And Turtle, that idea of an angel list is fab - I think I might put one in place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohh! I'm a couple days late on the upswing but COUNT ME IN TOO!

    I loved my "B" package last year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well greetings to you sweet Emily, I am a bit behind but would love to be counted in for the fabulous swap, what fun!

    and, I must say I count you as one of my most favourite blogs to peruse; it is ABOUT time I told you so! such a delight you are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanted to let you know my box is on its way to its new home! I was told to expect up to 10 days for delivery. I do have the customs number.

    Thank you for hosting this! I think its the funnest swap I have been in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.