3 Aug 2009

Heads AND Shoulders, Knees and Toes...


Heads and shoulders
knees and toes
knees and toes
knees and toes
Heads and shoulders
knees and toes
we all clap hands tooo-gether!

Alright now that the singing is out of the way I have a rather exciting announcement for you: Mr Chris has organised 31-day group flickr challenge centred on the theme of Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes... Go to his blog for all the details - or to our group page to join in.

If you've never taken part in a flickr month/31-day challenge... it involves taking (or trying very hard) to take a photo every day for 31 days on a particular theme; and then submitting those photos into a group photo-pool so that we can all peruse and comment on each other's interesting poses, angles, light, filters etc... It is really fun, and its nice to allocate a few minutes every day to something as enjoyable as taking photographs.

The challenge started on Saturday (August 1st) but you can join in at any time in the month!

And don't even start me on what a wonderful excuse it will be to take MORE photos of feet and toes -
A "thing" you may have picked up about me by now...

8 comments:

  1. hehe, thank you Emily! It's awesome to have you in. Hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very exciting and creative. If only I had some more time at the moment to join in... But I will look forward to having a look-see at the collective display of heads, shoulders, knees and toes!

    I hope you are well and happy Emily... We will have to talk soon!

    Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so wonderful to be commenting again. I love your new 'Thoughts and...' header by the way. I learnt a slightly different version of this song from Playschool.

    Heads and shoulders
    knees and toes
    knees and toes
    heads and shoulders
    knees and toes
    knees and toes
    eyes and ears and mouth and nose
    heads and shoulders
    knees and toes
    knees and toes.

    I can also sing it in french but I think that would be overkill.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, cool, cant wait to see even more photos of your feet! got to love feet for sure, i mean they do carry you wherever you want to go afterall...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and i also love your new header too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily, sounds such fun. Maybe next one. Hope so, anyway. Hey, your collage looks great. How do you do that?

    Love,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen, I'm not sure how Emily's done it herserlf, but if you have Adobe Photoshop CS2 (or higher) you can do create a "collage" by going File > Automate > Contact Sheet II. Follow the onscreen instructions from there and you'll be making collages to your heart's content :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris - I'm looking forward to seeing the month unfold

    Sarah - I imagine you would be super busy, but I am so excited about the big opening, and soon enough coming down to visit!

    Alice - dearest girl, we love you commenting again too... I rememeber the playschool version you speak of; though I definitely think there's a "and we all clap hands together" in there somewhere... or maybe not - but there should be. And I say bring on the French!

    Ailin - I didn't think it were possible to find someone ELSE interested in photos of my feet - and you're right they are so beautifully necessary.

    Dear Helen - Thank you for your comment; the collage is made using flickr (which is a photo sharing site) but if you follow Chris's instructions (thank you Chris!) and you make them using photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.