26 Jul 2009

To Market To Market

Yesterday's market was a hoot! It turned out beautifully... though we really had to brave the cold and wet grass in the morning! It was small and quaint and I think the best part was chatting to locals... We've decided to make it a monthly venture too; and hold markets with a creative arts focus. Apparently we were a lot more interesting than the fete the Presbyterian church put on the corner but I'm not going to make any comparisons!

This was our little space
And some of the wares:
Including my own:
All up we raised just over $300 for the Creative Arts Centre and that was with minimal publicity and the like. Thank you to everyone who stopped by; it was encouraging to see so many familiar faces in the mix. I'm feeling really excited about the market next month (August 22/29th); and it looks like I may take on a more regular market organising role too...
Ah yes, and holding this little one was a real treat too.

7 comments:

  1. Oh hurrah! I'm glad the market went well, it looks so brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic! Good for you :-) You've made me hungry with the scrumptious looking home-made food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I'd been over in Aus to experience your market. It looks so delicious and wonderful! I'm with Joyous in the hungry corner :)

    Looks like your ceramic painting's come on leaps and bounds as well. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased for you, it looks fabulous. I will definitely make the journey to one of your markets before too long.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! It looks like it was so much fun ^_^

    Also, you look great with a wee babe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so happy to hear that it will be a monthly market and that it went great for you! i will have to make sure that i will make it there one day, i was unable to this time :( but i was thinking about you throughout the whole day, wishing i was there.
    i cant wait until i can come and buy one of those yummy looking treats from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sweet friends, your comments make me all warm and fuzzy! I wish you had all been there... wandering about with your smiles, stalls for your wares, or microphones for your beautiful voices...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.