8 Jul 2009

A Warming Lunch


For lunch I had home-made baked beans with the kidney and cannellini variety; also a little tomato, finely sliced capsicum, onions, bacon, mustard, treacle and bay leaves. It was simple to make, delicious and perfect for a cold and wet day like today.

I am going through a bagel-craze at the moment - its that they're so chewy, yet soft, and have a hole in the middle - this soy and linseed variety baked fresh at the local super market is especially delicious. But I can't go past blueberry bagels - they are my absolute favourite - I like them well toasted with a drizzle of honey, no butter, no ricotta...
just honey,
and a cup of tea,
and a cosy place to sit,
with a book (for the optimum experience)

I've decided to try my hand at making some in the next few days; I have a feeling they will resemble anything BUT bagels...

May your Wednesday be cosy and comforting
Love the Bean n Bagel Lady

7 comments:

  1. I think you must love blueberry bagels for their blue-ness as well as their flavour! I strongly dislike baked beans - the kind that come in cans - but this looks sumptuous! Happy warm Wednesday to you too Bean & Bagel lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the bagel making! I've been wanting to try that for months but haven't had the time for any "big" baking projects. I blame it on the baby. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, bean 'n' bagel lady, you have made me feel hungry once again...
    this meal is absolutely perfect for today.
    have a lovely Wednesday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so amazing! Blueberry bagels are my favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmm and now I'm drooling a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing.. I myself am a tea fiend... and I totally agree that honey is completely sufficient on its own.. (preferably harvested right from the honeycomb). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm ! That sounds and look gorgeous !
    I love bägels ! And tea, and baked beans ... Oh ! And books, too !!!

    Num num ! This makes me hungry :)

    I made some bägels, once ... They were nice, but it takes so much time ...

    x x x
    ___mathyld___
    http://encorepetite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.