28 Jul 2009

Night falls softly
and I close my eyes
and remember
how night fell
on us.

Just when we thought
we'd missed it,
the horizon
blushed pink,
and shone gold.

You holding
me in your arms.

And from over my feet
a beautiful sight
reawakening my heart;
watching you
watch
the world.

I remember
chasing our first sunset,
I remember us
ending up on
this rock face -
I told you it was one of my secret places
and later,
that you were the first to kiss me there.

I want to chase
a hundred or more
sunsets with you.

To watch night fall,
to see you
see the world -
and be held there.

5 comments:

  1. awwwwww :)
    its beautiful and just so lovely and romantic :)

    thats happiness, right there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chills...

    again.

    Perhaps a new fav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many pretties (especially those shoes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I can comment again! I LOVE your words. You have a gift :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.