3 Aug 2009

More scenes from the valley


I've been a little slow in scanning up the polaroids of my last month-long challenge, but have finally got them all up in the gallery...
I didn't quite manage taking one polaroid every day but I tried my best - and I certainly feel a lot more confident with my polaroid camera now... I've got about 40 films left which are safely tucked away in the back of the fridge and will come up on special occasions in the next few months.

I'm sad that there isn't any more polaroid film being made, and that camera film is becoming a dying art in general - but such is this life of flux and change!

When its gone and developed,
will you miss film too?

3 comments:

  1. I am a fellow Polaroid supporter but since production stopped everything has gotten so expensive. I am now an avid supporter of the Fuji Instax 200 camera. It is the exact concept as Polaroid ( instant pictures, instant memories). I actually work at Adesso Albums where we sell the Fuji camera and a specialized album to fit the Fuji pix. Thought you might want to check it out. If you are interested, contact me at jessica@adessoalbums.com and I could give you a 10% coupon. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally gutted about the end of Polaroid film! We used the last of ours for my sisters 21st last year . . . I wish I'd horded more now. Glad you still have some left :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily your polaroids look so beautiful all together. I love the muted colours. I know what you mean about film. I took photos for ten years using film and only bought a digital camera less than a year ago. It's like letters in the post vs email. Something tangible in your hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.