10 Jun 2009

Tagged and Ready

I've been getting a few of these tag-questionnaire-thingymajigs in the last week or two so I thought I better do at least one. Here it goes:
What is your current obsession/s?
Wearing tights, dried pears, crochet patterns (including ones for "pretend food" and bikinis)

What was the most interesting thing that you did today?
Visited the wool shop with my mum and had the resident cat brush up against my legs.

What are you wearing today?
Black boots, red tights, cotton shift, white top, white plastic rose earrings.

What's for dinner?
Fresh seafood chowder that my sister Maddy is making!

What would you eat for your last meal?
Mince and slices of quince with a runcible spoon.
What's the last thing you bought?
Three balls of softer than a baby's bottom merrino wool.

What are you listening to right now?
Was listening to the wind in the trees and an areoplane flying in the distance, and now settling in with some At The Gates (Bless the Swedes).


What do you think of the person who tagged you?
Kerri is all things good and true. Her photographs are stunning, and her thoughts and musings reflective and soulful. Needless to say I would like to live next door to her.


If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
on the isle of Iona in Scotland, Akaroa in New Zealand, the Blue Mountains (closeby) or anywhere in Tasmania.


If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Nova Scotia to see the lupins.


Which language would you like to learn?
Farsi, and maybe Elvish too.

What's your favourite quote, for now?
"All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well" - Julian of Norwich.


What is you favourite colour?
Blue for my soul, red for my feet and purple for my heart.
What is your favourite piece of clothing from your own wardrobe?
Yikes too many things; and my "favourite" tends to change weekly. At this very instant my Indian salwar kameez and my coral red chiffon dress from etsy.

What is your dream job?
To run a makeshift creative and visual arts school in a big warehouse for children and adults that is free and chaotic.
What is your favourite fabric?
Cotton for sure. This reproduction apple print and the ironing ladies are my favourites.


If you had $100 what would you spend it on?
On olives, cheese and fruit. And fresh flowers. Or I could buy 200 blue biros...


Describe your personal style.
Unaffected, feminine, with a particular love of red shoes, bright skirts, ribbons around my waist and flowers in my hair.


What are you going to do after this?
Sit in the sunshine. Then make some tea.

What are your favourite films?
Wings of Desire, Babette's Feast, Edward Scissorhands, The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari, Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro.


Favourite fruit?
Ruby grapefruit, quince and rhubarb (each following the other preferably)


What inspires you?
Children. Mist in the morning. Barefeet.

Your favourite books?
Too too many. "Mr God this is Anna" by Fynn, "The Little White Horse" by Elizabeth Gouge, "In the Skin of a Lion" by Michael Ondaatje, "Persuassion" by Jane Austen, "Gone to Earth" by Mary Webb, "Dirt Music" by Tim Winton, "The Bedspread" by Syliva Fair, "Lion in the Night" by Pamela Allen, and everything by Tove Jansson.


Do you collect anything?
The things people leave in books, everything blue.


What are you currently reading?
I have a habit of reading two or three things at once; at the moment its "The Brothers Karamazov" by Dostoyevsky and "Pomegrante Season" by Carolyn Polizzotta.

Go to your book shelf, take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first line.
"Then, as he remembered, the sunlit room was altogether gone, and he was on the grey hill" - Ursula Le Guin, The Other Wind.

What makes you follow a blog?
Kindred spirits, creativity, thoughtful words, good humour


What society would you most like to join?
The Moomin appreciation society for love of all things Moomin and Tove Jansson (trust Cambridge to have one) Also any society dedicated to "Heroes of Might and Magic III" (releasing the nerd in me).

What is one thing you did as a child that you miss doing now?
Signing my name in a variety of coloured pencils.


The rules
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, and add one more question of your own.


2. Tag (if you wish) any friends to take part as well.

I'm going to tag the lovely Mechelle (of the brilliant voice), Candance (of beautiful melancholy), Chris (of the moors), and Sarah (the bright Middlepaw).

7 comments:

  1. i loved reading this, i would love to teach you some farsi,one day i will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can Ailin, I'd love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for playing! I'm so glad you're reading Pomegrante Season too, I loved it but have never known anyone else who has read it. Thanks also for the kind comments and I'd love to live next door to you too by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite, Favorite line is all about your best colors and to what part of you they respond. Brilliant. And ever poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me of our letters...

    OMG. I AM READING "The Brother's Karamazov" RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! This looks like fun - I'll do it now! Thank you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emily,

    Thanks for tagging me in this,
    it has been fun answering all these questions.

    Sorry it took me so long to get around to doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.