27 Jun 2009

How much is that doggy in the window?


Saturday June 27th, 12.35pm


I know its been a bit quiet around here,
I've been sporadic with posts -
but can I tell you I had my last exam on Thursday,
and though it could have been better it is done -
I got unexpectedly laid off from my job yesterday
at the little paper shop -
(due to financial constraints)
And I've also got four and bit weeks off for my winter break,
So I've got a LOT of free time banking up...

That means:
-crafting like mad
-baking daily
-polaroid taking
-finishing my quilt
-writing letters
-sketching new scenes
-going on day trips
-reading and reading and reading
-and of course, lots and lots of posting on here.

But for now here are some of my favourite things at the moment:

1. Wearing Foxy
2. Impromptu tree climbing at night
3. Everything about a certain Alex

4. Sewing new yoga bags for the shop
5. Drinking warm milk Turkish style with honey and rose water
6. Reading Resurrection by Tolstoy, and the book of Micah
7. Writing on foggy windows in the morning
8. Watching (and giggling) at John Safran's "Music Jamboree".
9. Listening to Bowerbirds "Hymns for a dark horse"

10. This plate - and imagining it full of fresh hummus and raw vegetables.

How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Favourite things of the moment:

    1. I picked up an Indonesian made rod in a funky shop today. It is going to be used to hang & display a beautiful Pakistani shawl given to me as a gift years ago.

    2. I snapped beautiful photos of old churches and healthy greenery growing in the neighbourhood. I'll no doubt use some of these in a future blog at Snap That.

    3. I, like you am going to be reading a lot. Picked up "The Audicity of Hope", "Clara Callan", "In the Hope of Rising Again", "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" & "The In-Between World of Vikram Lali". None of these are on my Goodbooks "To Read" list, lol but they all look interesting!

    4. Am looking forward to the arrival of my young nephew on Sunday. We seldom get to visit.

    5. Also looking forward to celebrating Canada Day, July 1st at the park with my mom and niece. Will travel out of town for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid my mom had a spoon rest that looked just like your lettuce plate. Funny.

    Sorry about being laid off, but as we all know. These things happen for a reason, and hopefully a good one.

    My favorite thing of the moment is Nutella and a nice red wine in a plastic cup. I'm classy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your holidays it sounds wonderful!! \my favourite things at the moment are:
    I'm loving time with the special ones in my life and jumping on the trampoline like a kangaroo with Noah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your job -- that's always frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sorry to hear about your job. Hope everything works out okay for (definitely sounds like you're not letting it get you down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmmmmm all that time to spare!!!!!!!

    the things that you have planned sound veryyyyy fun!

    and a certain Alex, heyy???? :)

    Im looking forward to a creative arts night at our school, im hoping it will be fun.

    enjoy your Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.