28 May 2009

This will come of no surprise

Everyday pampering: A fresh pot of loose leaf tea and a moment to stop and be.

My current favourites:

*Rooibos (red tea, dried raspberries)
*French earl grey (black tea, hibiscus, rose petal, sunflower blossoms, bergamot)
*Plum blossom (green tea leaves hand-bound with string)

hot and steaming, cool and iced, lukewarm (having been momentarily forgotten), white, brown, black with a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of honey, a splash of milk, a sprig of mint, a hint of sorrow, a smile of joy, with marmalade toast, a slice of cake, a gingersnap, a handful of almonds, a peeled mandarin, with a loving mum, beside colourful strangers, in a kitchen, on the front step, in a thermace on a ferry...

Oh the possibilities of having tea -

How about you?

7 comments:

  1. "Any old how, matter o' fact, I've got it now!"
    *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes!
    Earl Gray for me this past morn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. both of your posts, yoga and tea, are two of my absolute favorite things.
    i agree with everything you said about yoga, that is how i see it, yoga = happiness in the body and mind.
    tea = warmth, calm, joy

    you are just the best really,
    have a great and relaxing night Emily.

    p.s i just did yoga, and this morning i made myself chai, with ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
    those were my two pleasures of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rooibos = Absolute favorite!

    I also love Earl Grey and Pomegranate Green tea. Oh! How could I forget Ginger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea with you anytime, any-kind, is a treat Emily!
    I look forward to the next time we can share a cup together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh La La, the French Earl Grey sounds most divine!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm I've been drinking lots of fenugreek (good for my milk) and Earl Grey (good for my soul)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.