28 May 2009

This morning, today and forever


What feeds my soul today: Yoga in the morning sunshine

Yoga is something I try to do everyday,
but not so often in the morning -
(with all the lateness and rushing around)
Which is disappointing because I really think morning is the best time of day.

Yoga is deeply personal. To me it is about reconnecting with the body, breath, soul and the earth through meditation and practice.
Taking time to remember how beautifully made we are,
how much we push our bodies in the day,
and how seldom we slow down to breathe and be thankful.

I prefer practicing in the morning because I tend to be more thoughtful and gentle with myself. A slow waking up and replenishing...

And I like to start my day with a Celtic prayer,

May the light of God
illumine the heart of my soul
May the flame of Christ
kindle me to love

May the fire of the Spirit
free me to live
this morning, today and forever

5 comments:

  1. In the near future I hope to get back to my yoga practice -- I loved going to my lessons and I need to tone my post preggers body back up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! Even just doing a gentle sun salute once or twice a week. It is a great way to strengthen and tone your muscles slowly. And I love the look of baby/toddler yoga too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...this is so beautiful emily, the prayer, your heart attitude and you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about doing yoga or pilates for awhile now and you make it all look so lovely! I think I may have to begin :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.