30 May 2009

Song to Autumn


Before you're gone for another year;
You have been so many things,
You have been brilliant.
You are the harvest pause
between summer bright,
and cool winter dark.
Soft and quiet at first,
You have flamed up
with passion,
golden and untamable.
I never expected what you would bring -
great joy,
grief beyond words,
colours
and new dreams.
You have seen me grow older,
and I have watched you
like a wide-eyed child
with amazement.
Each day different,
I turned over a new leaf with you -
I have begun a new life,
with stars in my eyes,
a strong beat in my heart.
I will ride towards the horizon,
I will race the setting sun
to drink in the last of you.
And wait patiently for next fall -
You,
Autumn -
You are my favourite.

8 comments:

  1. I do love the Fall season and you've captured such magnificant colour in the season! You take wonderful shots and I love your eye for colour and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily,
    The delight-swelled-up-slightly-tearful-sorrow-passion-inspiration this post has left me with is overwhelming.

    You've expressed this so beautifully. And I am honoured to feature against that beautiful Autumn wall...

    I think all your readers would agree that Autumn is their favourite, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and beautiful words x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you sweet friends for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I love autumn - we're just going into spring here - it was a really long winter and summer will be short - so I'm hoping for a nice long fall...

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. you have been tagged on my blog, if you would like :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.