6 May 2009

The Exhibition

Hello friends! I am very excited to be appearing in the "Transferring The Image" exhibition at Kerrie Lowe Gallery from the 8th - 28th of May. As I got into the exhibition after they printed their official "flier" I thought I'd just sketch my own. As mentioned above my work explores beloved babushkas in ceramic, fabric and print mediums:
The opening is this Friday from 6-8pm - I'm going to be there so it'd be lovely if you wanted to stop by and as mum puts it so well "swan around with a glass of champagne"

Kerrie Lowe Gallery
49 King Street
Newtown

Mon - Sat 10am - 5pm

8 comments:

  1. oh how I wish I lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those ceramics are perfectly gorgeous. good, good luck ladybird to the south.

    i will be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hurrah - you're in a show! That's brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has got to be one of the best expressions I have ever heard. Congrats on the gallery showing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall definitely come to the exhibition before it closes at the end of May. Will see if I can "swan" by on Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your kind words friends! And Mechelle! it'd be so wonderful if you could stop by... and we'll definitely have to meet up for a some good tea afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work looks beautiful Emily. I particularly like the ceramic babushkas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thinking of you tonight. I know you're there at the exhibition, and I hope it's going swimmingly! I've had drama and meetings, and serious things like banks to deal with today so alas, I am not there to see you and your art tonight : ( Jamie is away, but when he comes back we would love to drive down and see the exhibit. Maybe we can have that cup of tea then?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.