13 Apr 2009

This Weekend

Dyeing eggs,
Picking the last blue hydrangea in the garden,
Holding a solitary service by the ocean
Leaving messages in the sand
Watching the sun set
in an autumn sky
Feeling my dreams are so lonely
and unreachable,
(sometimes I think my love is lost at sea)
and yet thankful for so much,
so much.



I love you, gentlest of Ways,
who ripened us as we wrestled with you.

You, the great homesickness we could never shake
off,
you, the forest that always surrounded us,

you, the song we sang in silence,
you dark net threading through us,

on the day you made us you created yourself,
and we grew sturdy in your sunlight...

Let your hand rest on the rim of Heaven now

and mutely bear the darkness we bring over you.


(Rilke - "Ich Liebe dich, du sanftestes Gesetz")

5 comments:

  1. you had me at rilke.

    i have been sitting here with chills. what an important post.

    (sometimes I think my love is lost at sea). sigh. exactly.


    i think i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hurrah for beaches :) And surprisingly I've never dyed eggs for Easter - looks like fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. Praise the Lord! He is Risen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post... words and images. What a blessed day. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like you had a beautiful and gentle easter, and this post also is so gentle and lovely, but one thing, what does rilke mean? i dont really understand.

    have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.