30 Mar 2009

Sunday on Monday

Sunday: My oasis in the city
What is your oasis in the city?
Is it a park,
a hole in the wall cafe -
or a secondhand book shop?
Is it bright graffiti in a familiar tunnel
or a sculpture of metal and wood -
the laughter of children,
the smile of a loved one
the smell of good coffee,
or freshly baked bread?
Whatever it is
hold on tight - it is eternally precious
and keeps reminding us
time after time,
"that it is good to be alive"

The week that was:

Monday (Headful of House)

Tuesday
(Drifting)


Wednesday (Cityline)

Thursday (Smoke in the Sky)

Friday (Eat your city up!)

And Saturday (The Moon Balloon)

At last! Though a day late this is my final installment for my week of houses challenge. It has been a great deal of fun; and has really encouraged me to keep going with my book illustrations. Thank you for all your kind comments! I am working on a limited number of hand-touched (maybe 1 or 2) prints of each sketch to go into the shop. Expect an update of some sort tomorrow!

Happy Monday friends!

6 comments:

  1. I have an overwhelming desire to take up residence in your drawings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too!

    they are just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like WindHover city's population is growing as I'm wanting to be resident number 3 :)

    I would live in Friday's picture but I'd be afraid that I'd eat it and make myself homeless! I do love Saturday's moon balloon though.

    Loved the pictures this week, Emily :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Oasis in the City - it makes me want to draw out my own!

    I think this was a marvelous idea and well-executed to boot! Your drawings are so charming and dreamlike (and SO remind me of Henri Matisse in their line quality!.

    Just a few more hours until April, which is clearly the very best month of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first three are my absolute favourites! You are so talented, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, Fawn, Chris, Dove, Gen - thank you so much for your kind words - it means a great deal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.