31 Mar 2009

Hair, Fabric and Felt

Hair. Fabric. Felt. All useful, all adaptable, all furry?

Hair (belonging to me):
I decided it was time for a change - something shorter, lighter - I went into my beloved hairdresser and said something along the lines of "I'm wanting a change, something shorter, kinda 1920s bobbish - but shorter at the back and longer at the front" and provided a really really embarrassingly bad sketch. And oh did my hairdresser not only understand my waffle but delivered exactly what I had envisioned. She's the best (and rides a green motorcycle). I'm really enjoying swishing my hair around; I can't wait to see it after a wash (unblowdried) where the curls will really set in... its kinda nice having the back of my hair off my shoulders too.

Fabric (that just arrived in the mail)

Oh boy oh boy I love reprodepot with all my heart. You find such treasures... like this beautiful blossom cotton. It is even nicer in person than I had first thought in pictures. It is becoming a skirt without doubt - only now I need to stop wearing it around over my pajamas. Its a serious problem of mine whenever I buy fabric; the unexplainable need to wear it around to get "the feel of it"

Felt (in anticipation for Saturday)
In scouting around for decoration ideas for my autumn party I got the idea of leaf-like garlands I could hand along doorways and around tables etc... and sure enough upon searching etsy I found a bright and lovely garland by Miesmama - which is in the top photo. It was the only one in her shop so I bought it - and then set about making a series of them by myself; Its very simple and such a glorious way to add colour. I've had all sorts of ideas for headpieces and brooches now - you name it autumnal felt - I've got it.
Wishing you a bright Tuesday
Over and out
from the (shorter-haired) felt lady

12 comments:

  1. Oh! Your haircut is super cute! And haha, I love that you wear the fabric over your pjs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm felt. i like all of the autumn colors. and your hair looks great makes me want to cut my hair but I am too attached...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments Elly and Mikala! You really must try fabric over your pajamas... you're guarenteed to feel good!

    And as much as its nice to have your comments "Anonymous" this isn't really a space for advertising - particularly for the kind of shoes I really hate! Eeek... So I've had to remove your comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Your hair is lovely! I can't wait to see it in reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely haircut!! it looks fantastic on you. but you'd look good with a shaved head, you beautiful lady you! love the leaf garlands too, very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the new hairstyle, suits you perfectly! i had a haircut last week and it is the shortest i've had in a long time(its pretty short)

    the garlands are such a good idea! im sure everything is going to look brilliant and the food will be so, so so delicious! and oh, i can just imagine the baked sweets that you will make.........mm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hair.
    Have a great autumnal celebration.
    Plentytoshare

    ReplyDelete
  8. your new haircut is super cute and i love the idea of the felt garland! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty hair! I love it :-) What nice fabric too. Look at you getting ready for fall as we're (in Florida at least – we go from two seasons: hot and not so hot) are going into summer. No matter how old I get the seasonal differences between the Northern and Southern hemispheres will never stop amusing me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Haircut = Delicious
    2. You've inspired me to throw a spring party here in the northern hemisphere:)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all, especially the hair cut - I am getting mine cut on Friday! What a coincidence! It must be the season...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.