21 Mar 2009

Get Your Autumn Shoes On!



I know I'm a day late in announcing the Fall equinox but I thought I would none the less! Most of the blogs I read are welcoming in Spring but those of us south of the equator are enjoying an equally exciting, and in my opinion, most delightful season. As Keats mused in his ode to autumn:
"Where are the songs of Spring ? Ay, where are they?
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too, -
While barred clouds bloom the soft-dying day,
And touch the stubble plains with rosy hue;"
The weather is turning very very subtly; the mornings darker, the night air cooler... And in celebration today I made this fragrant, full bodied Stout Ginger Cake, and of course, danced in my autumn shoes.

I have always loved the fact that my birthday falls in the middle of autumn - and this year I've decided to put on a Autumn-inspired dinner party. You'll hear more on the planning of food and costume in the days to come but let me share the little leaf invites I whipped up earlier this week:

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this.
    Definitely the best time of the year.
    I took photos of our garden but don't have the software to upload to iPhoto from blackberry.
    We have wonderful fungi and summer flowers digging their heels in as roses and hydrangea flourish with an autumnal twist.
    Love the shoes.I don't have autumn shoes that fit my indelicate feet.
    plentytoshare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shoes Emily. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindred spirit. I mirror you on all these thoughts. Enjoy your last few weeks being a teenager. And the cake looks like something I would devour!

    *warm hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay to autumn! It is definately my favourite season too, but i havent seen much signs of Autumn yet, its still kind of summery, but thats okay it will pass soon.
    that cake looks beautiful especially with all those leaves on it! oh and your shoes are so pretty too!

    hope you are enjoying the remains of the weekend and being a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how i WISH i could attend.
    i still cannot get over your being so young; you seem to span all time for me...and that kind of classic loveliness is not usually housed in 19 going on 20.

    you are seriously lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If spring wasn't equally wonderful after horrible cold since October, I would be very jealous. Have a wonderful party. It seems you would put on wonderful parties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those might be the most perfect autumn shoes i've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.