3 Jan 2009

To List and Be

The last few days I have been thinking about resolutions, aspirations and whatnot and have come up with a little list (like last year) - And though I am a truly obsessive list-writer I think its important to make note of some of things you'd like to do - even if its just to be happier than you were last year.

In 2009 I would like to:

*Be thankful
*Keep fit and healthy
*Read, doodle, love and pray every day
*Get my driver's licence
*Finish my quilt
*Make an effort to wake up to the see the sunrise more often
*And see dawn in a foreign country
*Save money and budget more diligently
*Buy no new clothes for six months
*Finish the illustrations to "Tessa's Colours" before I'm 20 (in April)
*Go to the seminar on early childhood studies in Bethlehem
*Re-engage with Arabic and find a passionate tutor
*So that I can write a poem in Arabic
*Finish my degree with a bang
*Travel to new continents and visit faraway kindreds
*Get piano lessons for my mum
*Make a kite and fly it
*Sing and dance more
*Be less judgemental,
more accepting -
but true to myself,
forever aspiring,
loving,
learning -
growing.

And if you don't mind sharing - what are some of your hopes for this year?

5 comments:

  1. Oh! Your aspirations are lovely! I love that you'd like to get piano lessons for Mum - that's so sweet! :)

    And I agree - this year I'd very much like to be less judgemental, and more accepting. I'd also like to (finally!) get my drivers licence!

    I hope in this New Year you manage to tick all your aspirations from your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap on the driver's licence, it's such a bother...
    I think I need to make one of these lists of my own, get my head in shape.
    Happy new year my darling, I have no credit to reply to your lovely message, but we shall have a day again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have many lists or resolutions but I would like to go berry picking with you once you have your license. I would like my license too but I still need to wait 2 years. :( I also think it would be lovely for you to learn the piano even if only so that you can play for me. I hope that your 2009 can be as wonderful as 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait wait wait...you're not even 20? miss emily, you are an amazing young lady. so intelligent, passionate, self-aware, artistic, creative...i'm in shock-and-awe. cheers to being such a wonderful woman at such a young age! and happy new year. i hope this didn't sound patronizing. i'm just so impressed by you , it's incredible to learn you're still so early in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right with Jordan on this one - you just have such a beautiful awareness of life, a well-cultivated appreciation of simple pleasures, and a balance of a dreamer with her feet on sturdy ground. I'm terribly impressed as well.

    I'm working on a list, the first tangible one in many years (there was a period of time my New Years Resolution were more of a guilt-trip over failures of the past year than a hope for the next - so I wrote them off completely for a while). I'll be sure to share it as soon as it is ready.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.