29 Oct 2008

Days like these I just want to curl up on a big old armchair.
Listen to the rain falling on the leaves outside -
And my mother playing the piano in a faraway room.
I would dream beautifully
of fields of lupins
and falling jacaranda petals
(soft violet rain)
I would forget that I had a runny nose -
a sore throat and aching bones.
I would have all my essays done,
and I would finally, fly a kite.
Right from that armchair,
it would float out the window -
turn the rain to sunshine
and flutter in the breeze.
I would put on my big red skirt,
and dancing,
I would eat a juicy pear
and hum to myself -
Remembering those tunes
that meander in and out through the day.
I would curl up
with my sketchbook on my knees
and keep creating Tessa's world -
(a blue pen behind each ear)
Sipping jasmine tea -
and dreaming again
this time of cityscapes and tiny people living in flowerpots.
Then stirring softly,
I would smile.

3 comments:

  1. I can just see you sitting there, in that chair. I can hear the piano, and I am peeking over to see what you have been sketching... Hope I see you again soon, so that I can hug you and share some of that Jasmine tea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our days here are not only wet but also cold and dark and get shorter. On days such as these I would love to get comfy and warm in your old chair surrounded by flowers of spring and summer in the Aussieland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the perfect beautiful melancholy that nostalgia and reverie brings.

    ah the power of the imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.