20 Aug 2008

This, That and the Other

I know the above looks like a jumble of nonsense but to me it speaks of the vast printing possibilities; the grand plan for my not-so-secret project; that involves lino prints, photopolymer plates, poetry and concertina paper binding. I have no idea if it will work out but I'm willing to try; if only so I can fulfill my dreams of playing the [paper] accordion. This is one of the many projects that are clouding my mind at present. I don't want to sound all melodramatic but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed today; juggling uni, work, and THREE huge events coming up in the next two weeks; oh and that deadline for my illustrations I really should get on to:Have I told you before that I am an avid list writer? Its true. I usually draw visual lists with pictures or symbols representing particular things to do. And I think if you were to see all the weird lists I write (on train tickets, letters, important documents, people's arms) you would probably have me sectioned. The funny thing is that I'm still not a very organised person in the physical super-neat-on-time kind of way; but I think I'm the sort of person who really needs to sort out my ideas and tasks in my mind or I get like this... but the written lists are DRIVING ME INSANE.

I refuse to write another list for at least a week;
*Except right now
*it feels kinda good
*listing emotions
*in a typed way
NOOOOO. No more lists of what I need to get done. Instead I'm going to make a list at the end of each day saying what I did. A wise woman told me that we always overestimate what we can achieve in a day but underestimate what we can do in a year. If we focus too heavily on daily targets I think there is a potential to go a bit mad; when instead we should just do what we can - not worry about what we didn't get done and at the end of the day rejoice.

Too much time listing; not enough living.

p.s. Thank you for letting me vent.

5 comments:

  1. I am absolutely a list maker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit of an internal list maker... I think you're right - and living should be at the top of any list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, the constant list making that happens in lieu of actually doing the to-do's. I am very familiar with it, although I am thinking about making fun lists and playlists part of my blog. Are you a fan of the playlist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Venter:
    PACKAGE AHOY!
    You are such a delight!
    It was the perfect pick-me-up when I didn't feel like picking myself up out of bed this week,
    Thanks with all my heart,
    Plume
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah friends,
    I find solice that you are all list makers too!

    Caitlin; playlights are the best! Gone are the days of mix tapes bring them back! bring them back! But I have always wanted to host my own radio show; not only because I like to talk, and rant, and talk...

    Dear Plume,
    I'm so glad you got my wee package,
    and it picked you up for a least a little bit... I hoped it would. And it is decidely fun sending things abroad (or anywhere for that matter)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.