5 Aug 2008

Finding Blue

I have been pondering on this for a while. I've finally decided to go through with it. I am starting a little sister blog "The Bower Bird" for all things blue. I have been collecting blue things for some time now, partly because I like to and partly because it inspires my blue biro illustrations. In my room I have a little shelf dedicated to blue that rotates regularly depending on what I find and what my mood is. I like little oddball things that someone else sees as trash or ridiculous. I guess that's the bower bird in me. It will be a sort of photo-blog with words and doodles every now and again. For the new few weeks I shall endeavour to update a new blue thing every day. But do not fear this blog shall remain as it is; a clumsy patchwork of craftings, cooking, life-rants, poems and whatever else comes to mind. I've become so fond of this little place. Funny how that happens; how you can attach to such a tiny tiny space in the world wide web (that IS worldly and so WIDE) - it is also because I have such beautiful, thoughtful readers. Thank you for stopping by here when you do. It really does make my heart sing.

And I bet you're wondering about that lovely blue dish. It was surprise present from a dear friend. I walked up to the post office this afternoon to collect a large box and brought it home blissfully unaware of what in contained. It is a truly stunning dish. I love the fine paint-work and of course that it has Arabic on it; "There is no God but God"

2 comments:

  1. That plate caught my eye from the first (I do love Arabic, for so many reasons, so much that my first tatoo was the word "Creator" in Arabic).

    As ever, I am thankful for my visits into your tiny space here. YOU are a breathe of air and the spark that brings a happy crinkle to the corners of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.