3 Jun 2008

Oh Bruce and cherries on my mind

I'm sorry. I can't seem to stop posting about food lately. Maybe its because I've been cooking a lot or maybe its just because I'm a girl who loves to eat; did I mention that I like to cook and eat? Tonight I attempted Iranian cherry pilaf after having it true-style on Friday night by a lovely Iranian friend of a friend. I love the idea of combining cherries with rice and spices - it wasn't as hard as I had expected it to be and even the layer of potatoes on the bottom of the pot turned out. Now I don't think there is anything MORE delicious that a nice slice of potato crisped in olive oil and saffron and left to soak in all the spices of the rice!
And I thought I'd keep up the Middle-Eastern spirit and have a deliciously succulent custard apple for desert
Aside from that my dears I've been doing a wee bit of sewing;
Nothing so nice as sewing, a cup of tea and Bruce Cockburn on a rainy night...

2 comments:

  1. Mmm...are you willing share your recipe for the pilaf? It looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.