26 Jun 2008

Birthday Boy

Today my brother turns 21! So a big BIG happy birthday to him - this isn't his cake (I made it on Tuesday for his girlfriend's birthday and it was perhaps the most decadent cheesecake that led to a slow, but delicious chocolate death for all). And for a present I'm taking him to see Bill Bailey (the funniest long-haired man alive) which I know he'll really enjoy too.
Sam amazes me. Not only is he handsome and funny, but he's probably the most generous, loving, kind-hearted 20-something-male I know. He always gives me and my sisters hugs, encouraging words, makes me laugh to the point of clutching my stomach in pain, he's cheeky, usually has the most sensible advice, loves children (seen above with a family friend) , will be the most brilliant high-school English/Japanese teacher, father, husband, friend. So Sam, happy birthday - it is a joy and blessing to be your sister.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute (especially in that last photo)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is giving me a sweet tooth! I wish that I could stroll on over and invite myself to a slice of cake and a walk through the beautiful woods you posted a little ways back!

    P.S. You are both super handsome! What a lucky family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.