12 May 2008

Moving fast.

Pushing through the trees,
hair flailing behind with the wind
and broken ground.
And mouth
open -
(releasing a spirit)
Taking in new, clean air -
meeting the sky, sun and stars
and coming back down. She cries
one last time – that crescendo of rising sound
And all is still.
A stagnant, rippleless lake; a frozen heart-
even the trees are still.
And we try to revive her,
red-breasted,
wings wrapped round like a winding sheet.
I take her in my hands
(cupped by warm blood)
And softly sing…

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ems,

    Love reading your poems and your blue-dropped sketches. You're really talented :)

    Hope to see you again if I ever go back to Aussie.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.