31 May 2008

Morning Thoughts

In my dream you came to me.
You held my hands
and told me, softly,
that I was yours.

Against the half-hearted skies;
the days that fall short
of sunshine. Under bent,
naked trees; and cowering
in the shadows -
You found me.

Even though I was barely
there; and hid my eyes
from your light; bright and pure.
I laughed and fled so often;
And yet you loved me.

When I awoke;
wrapped up in my winding sheet;
eyes adjusting to the darkness;
arms stretching to the sky,

I felt your gentle hands -
And knew that I was yours.

2 comments:

  1. As Tigger says

    B-E-A-UTIFUL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an angel has been whispering to you...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.