3 Oct 2007

Time For Some More Sketches

Its been a while I know - but I thought I would post up a few more sketches even though people never seem to respond/comment on them. I'm not quite sure what other people make of them; but they're so much fun to do, and lots of loving time (when I'm mad dialing up the nation at work) goes into them. It always starts small and just grows as I start attaching a story to it - texture is so important - more important that anatomically accurate representations - At least for me... I want my images to transport the viewer to a different world where anything and everything can be as you least imagined it to be! The figures down the bottom are an attempt to start exploring expressions and features in characters for the book I am currently working on. I've also been playing around with cities and how to incorporate them in landscapes in interesting ways. My story is coming along slowly at the moment. I have written a draft and its now just a matter of drafting/re-drafting/editing and plotting out the events in illustrations. Till then I'll just sketch and experiment to my heart's content!



4 comments:

  1. Hey Em, I like your sketches, I think they're quirky (which is slightly better than perky, much better than urky and on a par with being Bjorky).

    I wonder if you do work for commission - my website needs some quirky sketches for my new makeover. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Eric, I don't know if a person can ever be more quirky that Bjork!
    So on par will suit me fine...

    A make-over for your website; that sounds like fun - especially if it too involves quirks. I will email you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sketch of the person with the city sprouting out of their back. There's a story that needs to be written for that one. A children's story, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your sketches. did you enter that biro sketching comp that Frankie held a while ago? you would've kicked some ass!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I do so love and appreciate every one of your comments even if I don't get a chance to reply.